We were married on August 11, 2007 in the St. George Temple. We went on a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and had a ball. It went to Key West, Cozumel Mexico, and Coco Cay Bahamas. Coco Cay is Royal Caribbean's private island. The weather was wonderful and came home just in time. 3 days after we got home a category 5 hurricane hit Cozumel. We were thankful we didn't get stuck in it.
After that life became quite uneventful with school. Every day was the same with an occasional deviation from the day to day activities. November 10th we were driving south bound on Main Street and were hit by a car trying to cross the street and pummeled us into the curb. After Shane's Mustang being totaled and a trip to the Emergency Room with nothing serious we were able to go home. We were sore and stiff for a while and had to go to the chiropractor, but we were fine and happy to be alive.
That same month we discovered an exciting secret that was very hard to keep quiet. This secret was that we were expecting a baby. We were so excited, but scared at the same time. We had only been married about 3 months at this point. I had a hard time finishing up school with morning sickness and all. I didn't want to tell anyone, but that is a hard thing when you feel like crap and everyone can see it in your face. I survived until finals week were I had to run out in the middle of one of my tests.Since then things have improved significantly. I made it to the doctor and heard the heartbeat. That really brought things into reality since there
were very few external signs at that point. Three weeks later we got to go in for an ultrasound. The first image of my baby I got to see was of this little hand. That moment everything hit me and I realized that this really isn't a dream and that little one was truly growing inside me. The lady then told us that we were having a boy. He was curled up in a ball all of the ultrasound, but finally gave us a little peak to find out what he was. Since then everything has been going quite nicely. My due date is July 24th and if he comes on that day he will be one of many holiday babies in my extended family. Here are a few pictures of the baby for your enjoyment. We are excited to make our duo a trio.

1 comment:
Welcome to the blogging world!
Post a Comment