I just realized that it has almost been a year since I last updated my blog. I am deeply embarrassed about this and I blame it on Facebook. I can proudly say that Brody is doing a lot more than tongue trick since my last post. He is an extremely busy boy who keeps us running all the time. We can take him on 3 walks a day and he's still running around right before bed. He has a love for his books. He loves to read and chew on them. He got a board book for Christmas that the shape of the animal's ears stick out on the side and he has gone a long and made every animal earless on that side because he chewed them off. We have a stash of books he can't play with unless an adult is watching him because he'll rip them or chew up the pieces. I am thrilled that he loves books so much. I will just have to watch him closer to help him channel his excitement into less destructive avenues.
He has known how to whistle for at least the last year. He picked this talent up from a toy he got as a present for his first Christmas. He was given a kitchen toy set that had some measuring spoons on a ring like the toy plastic keys. Each of the measuring spoons has a hole in it. He learned to suck air through the hole and it made a whistling noise. After that he started learning to whistle without the spoons. I was thrilled and almost couldn't believe my ears the first time he whistled all by himself!
He's been going to nursery for the last month and he loves it so much. From the first time we've taken him, we've never had a problem with him not wanting to stay. This last Sunday we took him to nursery he made sure that he will never be forgotten by the nursery workers. I guess he has a favorite cupboard he likes to go hide in. Every time they get the toys out of it he goes right for it. Well, I went to pick him up for nursery and the workers told me they had to go get my mom for a diaper change (I'm the primary pianist and Shane teaches the Young Men). That wasn't anything out of the usual but then they told me that he hid in his usual cupboard to do his business. I mentioned that he does that a lot and that when he does that his nickname is "sneak-n-poop" a clever play on the word nincompoop. I just thought it was really funny that he hid in nursery to fill his diaper.
A week or so ago we were getting Brody ready for bed and we were saying our family prayer. I was holding Brody while saying the prayer. While I was praying he held out my hand and put his face right by it. I was trying not to pay attention since I was praying but I heard a spitting noise and discovered a wet spot on my hand. It was so hard trying to finish saying the prayer without laughing hysterically. I'm sure he picked that one up from watching Shane spit in the garbage cans occasionally.
My last funny story I have for this post is about getting ready for church. Shane was getting Brody ready for church and was trying to put on his red plaid shirt he usually wears to church. Well, Brody saw a recently washed shirt of his that had been hung out to dry the night before that says Little Monster on it and insisted that was what he wanted to wear. Shane humored him and put it on long enough to show me but then took it off to put his church shirt on. Brody refused to let him put it on. He really wanted to wear his monster shirt. Well, Brody won and he wore the monster shirt to church. Luckily we have a church sweater he wears so we hid his shirt under that. The only people that saw his shirt that day were the Bishop's wife and a family friend of ours. They got a huge kick out of that. He has a very strong and demanding personality that cannot be swayed once his decision has been made up. I hope he channels his stubbornness in the right directions when he's older.
He has known how to whistle for at least the last year. He picked this talent up from a toy he got as a present for his first Christmas. He was given a kitchen toy set that had some measuring spoons on a ring like the toy plastic keys. Each of the measuring spoons has a hole in it. He learned to suck air through the hole and it made a whistling noise. After that he started learning to whistle without the spoons. I was thrilled and almost couldn't believe my ears the first time he whistled all by himself!
He's been going to nursery for the last month and he loves it so much. From the first time we've taken him, we've never had a problem with him not wanting to stay. This last Sunday we took him to nursery he made sure that he will never be forgotten by the nursery workers. I guess he has a favorite cupboard he likes to go hide in. Every time they get the toys out of it he goes right for it. Well, I went to pick him up for nursery and the workers told me they had to go get my mom for a diaper change (I'm the primary pianist and Shane teaches the Young Men). That wasn't anything out of the usual but then they told me that he hid in his usual cupboard to do his business. I mentioned that he does that a lot and that when he does that his nickname is "sneak-n-poop" a clever play on the word nincompoop. I just thought it was really funny that he hid in nursery to fill his diaper.
A week or so ago we were getting Brody ready for bed and we were saying our family prayer. I was holding Brody while saying the prayer. While I was praying he held out my hand and put his face right by it. I was trying not to pay attention since I was praying but I heard a spitting noise and discovered a wet spot on my hand. It was so hard trying to finish saying the prayer without laughing hysterically. I'm sure he picked that one up from watching Shane spit in the garbage cans occasionally.
My last funny story I have for this post is about getting ready for church. Shane was getting Brody ready for church and was trying to put on his red plaid shirt he usually wears to church. Well, Brody saw a recently washed shirt of his that had been hung out to dry the night before that says Little Monster on it and insisted that was what he wanted to wear. Shane humored him and put it on long enough to show me but then took it off to put his church shirt on. Brody refused to let him put it on. He really wanted to wear his monster shirt. Well, Brody won and he wore the monster shirt to church. Luckily we have a church sweater he wears so we hid his shirt under that. The only people that saw his shirt that day were the Bishop's wife and a family friend of ours. They got a huge kick out of that. He has a very strong and demanding personality that cannot be swayed once his decision has been made up. I hope he channels his stubbornness in the right directions when he's older.

2 comments:
Keep updating your blog. Don't let facebook get in the way. :)
I wonder where he got that "very strong personality that cannot be swayed once his decision has been made up."? LOL
What a cute kid. I'm so glad you have posted again. I do love keeping in touch with blogs.
Post a Comment