Thursday, January 20, 2011

I Almost Forgot That I Have A Blog

I'm so sorry that it has taken almost a year for me to finally post again! I feel really bad because I could be dishing the news on all the crazy and funny things that Brody does on a daily basis. Much like last time I'm going to try and commit to posting more often (only this time I hope it sticks). To help catch everyone up on what's going on in our world I'll do a little Q and A.

Q. Where are you currently living?

A. In the same place we've been since March of 2008.

Q. How is Brody doing?

A. He's doing great. He has a very strong and demanding personality but he is the biggest sweetheart ever when it really counts. He makes us laugh, he makes us cry (happy and sad tears) and we wouldn't change anything about his sweet spirit. We love him so much and love to see how he can light up each and every day with just one smile, kiss or hug.

Q. Is Brody still an only child?

A. Chances are if you're reading my blog you probably know me well enough to know the answer already. We are currently expecting another little one. The baby is due in July. Funny story about this baby's due date is that it's the day before Brody's was supposed to be. Brody was due on the 24th of July and this one is due on July 23rd. I just really hope that i'm not in the hospital on Brody's birthday because I know this one will be a hard one for him with so many changes that I want to make it special for him.

Q. Do you know what you're having?

A. No we don't know yet but hopefully here in about 5-7 weeks the baby will let us get a good peek. I'm happy either way and I'm sure Shane feels the same. If we end up having a boy it will be great because we'll be set in the clothes area with all the right clothes in all the right seasons but a girl would be wonderful too. We ultimately want a healthy baby no matter what gender.

Q. Do you feel like you'll be stuck in school or can you see a light at the end of the tunnel?

A. There is a light at the end of the tunnel at least for now for both of us. We are both graduating in May with some sort of degree. Shane is getting his bachelors in finance and I am getting my general associates so that I can bank the work I've already put in. Shane has not yet decided on grad school although it is an option. As for me I have no idea what I want to do when I grow up so until I decide I'm going to try and be a good mommy. If Shane does decide to do grad school I don't want to be stuck in school as well with 2 kids, huge school debts from both of us and conflicting schedules. When I do go back I have considered physics so that I can move into astronomy since I am completely fascinated and blown away by it. I'm not 100% sure about that now and it may change if I get scared of trying to tackle all the math involved (we don't get along).

Q. What are your plans for the future?

A. As far as I know for sure, we are having a baby in July. When it comes to everything else... we have no idea. We will just take life one day at a time and when we get where we're going we will be able to look back and see the Lord's hand in our life and know that we're where we should be.

Q. What is one good story about Brody that you would like to share?

A. We've been working with Brody and trying to help him understand that there is a baby in mommy's tummy. I don't think he has completely gotten it yet but I think there is a small amount of understanding there. He's given my tummy hugs and kisses and sometimes he'll even come up and pat my tummy saying baby. One night I had him on my lap because we were watching something on the computer together. I had been tickling him and teasing him as he was sitting there. He turned around and started tickling my tummy saying, "tickle baby." It was so funny it made me laugh and then I got a little teary eyed because it was touching to me to think that Brody was trying to bond with the baby. I think he will be a great big brother. Oh and I asked if he thought we were having a boy or a girl and I think (with trying to understand his cute 2 year old lingo) he said something like this, "girl, pretty girl." I've tried to get him to answer the question several other times and he just wont cooperate. It's usually come out as, "no boy girl." Or even something like, "boy girl baby."

Life is always an adventure at our house and we hope to continue the adventures. I can proudly say that I didn't let a complete year go by between posts but it is embarassing that I let like 10 months go by without any word. I am planning a post with pictures and maybe even some video clips (we got an awesome video camera for Christmas that I really want to put to good use). Until then I hope there might be even the slightest glimmer of faith in me from my readers that I will return very soon. Happy blog surfing!

No comments: