Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sniffing Poopy Diapers

Saturday the 28th my visiting teacher Tonya threw me a baby shower. She moved into our ward shortly after we did and before I even knew her name she was offering to throw me a shower and saying, "Everyone needs at least one baby shower." I really appreciated all the hard work she did in organizing everything. As word got out on this shower other members of the ward/neighborhood jumped in and wanted to help. By the time the shower took place 3 more people (Tamara, Deborah, and Latonya) had jumped on board and teamed up to throw a really nice shower. The food was awesome, we played games, and Shane and I were spoiled with many gifts for the baby. The one pictured below, you can't tell what it is in my lap, but Phyllis made this really cute hooded towel had green fabric on a blue towel and penguins applied to it. Another gift I want to note is the one Aunt Marilyn gave me that consisted of 2 really neat blankets that she had made herself. You can see them on the back of the chair on my right.

Here is a picture of some of our lovely guests including my mom, Marilyn, Kristine, Tara, Melissa, Evelyn, and Tara's new baby daughter Tanya.

Also Shane's mom and his sister Camille were there. There were many others that came, but for the blogs sake (keeping it short), I only mentioned a few.

They had me decorate myself with the bows and ribbons as I pulled them off the presents. Here I have a ribbon necklace and 2 bows on my stomach. You can also see the penguin on the hooded towel that is draped on the chair to my right.

Now for the explanation for the title of this post. Many girls have probably played this game and no it doesn't include actual poopy diapers. They melted a different candy bar in 6 different diapers. This way they all looked like poop. The goal was to try and guess as many candy bars as you could out of the 6 diapers. Here you can see me as I am attempting to smell the chocolate to see what the candy bar is. I think that particular diaper was a Hershey's bar. I was one of the 5 winners in this game. I ended up guessing 4 out of 6 diapers right. I would have gotten 5 because one of them smelled so familiar, but I couldn't recall Caramello. I was kicking myself when I found out what the answer was. In the picture below, to my right is one of my mom's co-workers, Jamie, and to my left is my friend Dixie who is married to Shane's good friend Zac that you can see half of. Shane and Zac decided to come hang out and bust into the goodies that were there. They didn't stick around for very long.

The baby shower was a huge success. It was mainly a ward thing, but I did end up inviting a few extra people. Anyone who reads this and was a part of it I just want to say, "Thanks for your love and support. It was a really special thing to have you there. If I could have invited more people I would have."

1 comment:

Devin and Amber said...

Your baby shower looks like it was a lot of fun. I wish I could have been there.