Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ready For Round 2

Saturday I got a phone call from one of Shane's cousins asking if she could throw me a baby shower. I told her if she wanted to she could. Since my due date is coming up really fast we decided to do it today. A lot of people showed up and once again I felt quite spoiled. We got so much stuff for the baby and I swear I have enough stuff to clothe triplets. The crazy thing is I don't really feel like I'm lacking in any area as far as supplies go for the baby. When I get asked if there is anything I need, I have a hard time coming up with something to tell them because I have so much stuff. At that point I just say, "I really don't know what I need at the moment, but I'm sure when the baby is here I'll figure out some things I need." At the shower we played lots of games including: guess the size of Mandy's belly, Predicting what the baby will be when he'll come and how big he'll be, and Guess the items in the bags that go along with the letter on the bag that when they are put together spell IT'S A BOY. They also had some yummy desserts like raspberry cheesecake, chocolate pudding cake, and better than "anything" cake. I really had fun socializing with a lot of Shane's side of the family. They are a lot of fun when we get together.

This is one of the outfits that I ended up getting 2 of at the shower. Everyone had Shane in mind when they picked this one out because of the camo. It says Major Cutie on the front of it. Mikaela is the one sitting next to me. She is my sister-in-law. She painted me a poster that says, "Congrats on the new baby." I thought it was really sweet of her to do that.

This is my sister-in-law Malea. She is 3 years old and extremely cute. The picture is a little dark, but I couldn't resist putting it on here. She was born while Shane was on his mission and she likes him about 50% of the time, but we love her anyways. Well, that was the excitement from the day. Hope you enjoyed it all.

No comments: