Monday, July 14, 2008
Yes, I'm Still Pregnant
I went to the doctor today and it has been confirmed that I am still pregnant. Not that I had any question about it... My doctor is out of town until Friday so I had to meet with the other OB-GYN that practices at the hospital. I'm pretty sure that my doctor had me meet with her since she will be the one delivering my baby if he happens to come before my doctor gets back. She did the exam and reported that I'm still 3 centimeters, I'm now 80% effaced, and I'm at station -2 for any of you that actually understand all of that. I will say that the station numbers determine how far they have progressed down the birth canal. There is a place on your pelvic bone that is "0" which means they are half way there. If the number is a negative number up to a 5 that means they are still pretty high and if it is a positive number they are past 0 and closer to coming out. +5 would be where you are pretty much at the pushing stage. When you are at 10 cm., 100%, and +5 that is when delivery starts and you get to push. I hope that was as clear as mud for everyone since it's really hard to explain. I may end up delivering by the end of this week or I might end up being pregnant into August. That is one of the joys of pregnancy... everyone is different and you truly don't know what to expect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment