Monday, July 7, 2008

Uneventful Doctor Appointment

Nothing exciting happened at this week's doctor appointment. No fire alarms... no emergency deliveries or anything like that. Just routine things, but there is some exciting news. I am now 3 centimeters dilated. The doctor is amazed. He said he rarely finds a first time pregnant mom that at 36 weeks is 2 cm. and here I am at 37 weeks 4 days and I'm 3. He wont be here next week so he's having me meet with the other OB doctor, but he did say, "I want to see you the week after that if you're still pregnant." It sounded like he doesn't think I'll make it to then without having the baby. I think it would be funny if he came sometime in the next few days because Shane will be at scout camp until Wednesday evening. I think he's hoping he'll get a call so he can hurry home. He wanted me to go into labor last night because he was having mixed feelings about leaving for camp. Good thing they have good cell service up there. My mom says I need to thank my lucky stars I haven't had to deal with much pain so far.

No comments: