
This was actually taken the night before our anniversary but it is the new updated picture of our little family. We were watching Mary Poppins together and my mom decided we needed a picture of us all cuddled on the couch. Brody thinks he needs to be part of the action no matter whether he's awake or asleep. That's okay because we quite enjoy having him around.

Last night I was trying to get him to wake up so I could feed him. He's really good at sleeping through feedings so I took him into the bedroom and was getting ready to lay him in bed (he usually wakes up then). As soon as I unwrapped him from his blanket he immediately stretched out like this. It made me laugh so I had to take a picture of him.

This is just a close up of him. He ended up waking up before I got him to bed so It was good since his milk was all pumped and waiting for him. That is what I usually have to do when he wont wake up. When we took him in for his newborn check up he had gone from 7lb 8oz to 6lb 6oz which was about 15% of his body weight gone. I had to reschedule a weight check and it resulted in scheduling another one because he weighed the same 2 days after the first one. Yesterday was his other weight check and in 6 days he had gone from 6lb 6oz to 7lb 2oz. He had gained about 2oz a day. If he keeps it up he'll be at his birth weight just in time for his 2 week check up. There was a thought that I would have to suppliment him on formula. I actually did suppliment him a little but it was less than 10 oz. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with formula. That stuff stinks horribly. Overall things are looking up and he's a healthy happy baby!

Shane and I celebrated our 1st anniversary on the 11th. It turned out to be a really fun day. I made a scrapbook on Shutterfly of our wedding first year together. It went over really well and it will be fun to have so we can look back and remember all the good times we had just getting started. After I gave Shane the book he got showered and dressed up. He made some excuse up that he needed to go into the office for a little bit and would be back soon. a while later there was a knock on the door and when I opened it these flowers were on the porch. He tried to closely match them to the flowers used at the wedding. He got the big pink gerber dasies and some kind of lilly in there. The lilly wasn't the one we used but it was close enough. He must have spent a lot on just the flowers alone. He also got me a willow tree figurine of a couple that was titled "Together". He knows I love willow tree figurines so he can't go wrong there. When he got home I found out that he made up the excuse of going into the office just so he could get out of the house without any questions. Later that night he took me to the Garden House for dinner. They put us up in the loft all by ourselves. It was really neat because there was a stained glass window by the table and it was dimly lit. I ordered filet mignon and shrimp. Shane got chicken and shrimp. Usually when we eat there the main dish is good but the veggies and other stuff is a little boring and tasteless, but everything was delicious this last time. To top everything off we ended dinner with a brownie sundae that was really good. After that we tried to give Brody a bath but all it resulted in was a big fit because he was hungry and we didn't want to feed him before a bath. We ended up bathing him yesterday instead.
1 comment:
Congrats on one year. Sounds like you had a fun day. I can't believe you all still fit on the couch.
Post a Comment