Saturday, November 22, 2008

Food For Thought

Since it's close to Thanksgiving time I decided to do a post about food. Actually it's Brody's adventures in the food world. First I'd like to say that Brody rolled over for the first time on November 3rd. I worked with him earlier that day. All I had to do was hold his top leg on the floor in front of him and he'd do the rest. I was playing our Wii later that day and he was on the floor playing when I notice him roll over out of the corner of my eye. I was so excited I picked him up, cuddled him, and then ran around the house to tell everyone that was home. He was a little slow getting going but now he's a pro at rolling from his back to his stomach. We're still working on him rolling the other way but he hasn't got it yet. He's also started scooting a tiny bit when he's on his stomach. It's amazing to witness your child reach milestones. Speaking of milestones, Brody reached another one. Thursday he turned 16 weeks old so we decided to try him on rice cereal. After 2 days he's doing a little better at getting it in but he still tries to push it out with his tongue. He seems to like it because he cries like he wants food when we put him in his high chair while we eat dinner.

This one Brody was trying to see the TV while holding his own bottle. He's not very good at holding it yet but he does try at times. He's also turned into such a TV junkie that we've resorted to Baby Einstein so he's not just watching crap.

This one was his second day eating rice cereal. He still thrusts his tongue out but if you hold the tip of the spoon in his mouth for a little bit he'll swallow it. Soon he'll learn to eat it easier. The coloring is bad because not all the lights in our kitchen are hooked up to the power so we basically eat in the dark almost. I really didn't want to use the flash but resorted to it in the following pictures because the shutter speed was too slow to snap a clear picture.

This is him drinking his bottle with the rest of his milk in it. Its kind of brown because it has his vitamin D supplement in it.

After learning to eat and a good ole' bottle he was so tuckered out he couldn't even stay awake long enough to get burped. This one I didn't get focused very well. Oh well i'm still trying to learn the art of focusing pictures with an SLR.

No comments: