Tuesday, April 15, 2008

21 And Feeling The Same As Always

So Sunday the 13th was my 21st birthday and it was a pretty fun day. I woke up early to get ready for church and ate breakfast by myself because my mom was at a meeting and everyone else was still asleep. I was in the bathroom putting on my make up when Shane came in and started combing his hair. He has been complaining a lot about gray hairs growing on his head and he plucked one. Well, he decided to hold it up to my hair and say something to the extent of, "That really sticks out on your head." I didn't think it was very funny at the moment considering I had hit one of those milestone b-days that makes you feel old.
We finally made it to church and I can happily say that my name escaped being in the program under the birthdays. I think it was because we had just moved into the ward, but it was cool to think that for once I was able avoid publicizing my birthday. Since we moved back into my old home ward, people remembered my birthday and it got announced in Relief Society, but it really wasn't that bad. I was dead tired during church but managed to stay awake the whole time. After church I was able to take a 3 hour nap and it felt so good. I could have slept more, but we move on to our next days activity.
We went to Shane's parents for my special birthday dinner. This was the dinner where I got to choose what all we ate. I didn't have much of an opinion on things, but I did request a fruit salad that has a jello packet and cottage cheese in it and a cheesecake for dessert. We ended up having chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, muffins, and a green salad too.
After dinner Shane and Studie decided to play halo. That was the boring part of my day because me and Krista got to sit there while they continued to play for a couple of hours. By the time we got home it was too late to call my family members that had called me back. I was sad about that, but overall it was a pretty good day.
I ended up getting a purse and shoes from my mom & dad. Shane got me a willow tree figurine titled "Our Gift" that was a mom and dad holding their infant child. He also got me a 3-6 month outfit for our baby that is white, has a tie and name tag that says "Jr Missionary, Warrior of the Army of Helaman" or something like that. It is way cute. He also got me a journal and a wall hanging that says, "All because two hearts fell in love." He sure had a hay-day in Deseret Book since that is where everything came from.
Along with all the birthday celebrations I had to go in on Monday and get my drivers license renewed since I officially couldn't drive anymore. I could have gotten it done easily, but I had to forget my marriage license so I had to go back and get it in order to change my last name on my license. Now that I have that out of the way everything is good. Overall it was a pretty good birthday experience and I even got complimented several times on how cute of a pregnant birthday girl I was.

1 comment:

Devin and Amber said...

HEY SHANE!! Knock it off man!!! you are maiking the rest of us look bad!!!

Grrrrrr