Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Careful! Watch Your Step!

So we have this strange thing living in our backyard. It's awfully noisy and sometimes I think it's going to tear down the house. Its latest thing it's been doing is making a huge hole. I found myself in quite the situation when I tried to walk out the back door and realized our porch was gone. Good thing I was paying attention or I could have fallen in that! Imagine a poor pregnant lady stuck home alone in a 8ft. deep hole...

Appearing very startled I looked around and found the offending creature... It was taller than the house and bright yellow. It took all of our concrete away and now it's playing in the dirt. Who knows what it's next intentions are.

So as all of you have probably figured out by now, we are giving the house a huge makeover. This makeover includes all new cement in the driveway all the way back to the garden with a retaining wall and also the patio on the other side of the backyard. We will also be extending the kitchen out 10 feet to make room for the kitchen table and the island that mom has wanted for the longest time. Well, actually it will be more like a peninsula than an island. We will also be getting a car port and possibly a new storage room under the extended kitchen. I'm not sure on the storage room because last I heard mom and dad were still deciding, but mom really wants it. They were going to have to dig no matter what if they built back there so mom got the idea of why not just make it into storage space rather than fill it back in. That way she could put all her storage in that room and turn the old storage room into a bedroom since the small room downstairs is about to be missing its window.

Well, that is all the info I have for now... I will have more pictures and info as this adventure continues to develop.

1 comment:

Devin and Amber said...

that is crazy!! I dont think that you get to sleep in very much now!

When will this big project be finished?