
I guess the monster liked the dirt in our backyard because it's back. Today I really thought the house was going to crumble to the ground. All it did from around 8:00 to around 3:00 is shake the ground and everything around it with the help of it's buddy (the compactor). They had to wait for the soil test to come back before they could do any more work back there so that is why we went several days without them being back there. Today they widened the hole and made it deeper. They had to dig deeper so that they could compact the dirt to make it more sturdy to build on. Tomorrow they should be ready to pour the concrete in the hole.

I saw them lower a guy into the hole using the bucket of the tractor. It was really cool. We couldn't resist sneaking out to take some pictures. After that we went in and sat at the kitchen table to watch them through the window. They were putting some more dirt in the hole to compact when we felt the house shake. We then realized what had happened. As the guy went to dump the bucket of dirt he accidently hit the house. It startled us but didn't cause any harm to the house. Life is never dull around here with them working on the yard.

This is a rock they dug out of the hole. It looks small in the picture, but if you look closely it is sitting between the tracks that the tractor made getting up to the backyard. I should have put the car in the background to have something to compare it with size wise, but the tracks in the dirt will have to work. They are pretty big so you can imagine the rock is pretty big too. Well, that's all for now, but I will keep posting since I think things should be moving along a lot faster now.
No comments:
Post a Comment